So I went to
config/environment.rb, uncommented the Inflection example and modified it with my "media" noun, just like this:
Rails::Initializer.run do |config| ... ... ... Inflector.inflections do |inflect| inflect.uncountable %w( media ) end # See Rails::Configuration for more options end # Add new mime types for use in respond_to blocks: # Mime::Type.register "text/richtext", :rtf # Mime::Type.register "application/x-mobile", :mobile
When I tried to run rails console or tests I saw an error like this:
me@Xbook:testapp$ ./script/console Loading development environment. ./script/../config/../config/environment.rb:55:NameError: uninitialized constant Inflector /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.5/lib/action_controller/assertions/selector_assertions.rb:525:NoMethodError: undefined method `camelize' for "top":String /Users/me3x/Development/DSE/mediacast2/apps/testapp/app/controllers/application.rb:4:NameError: uninitialized constant ActionController::Base
The problem turned out to be in the commented-out rails example in
Inflector.inflectionsblock must not be nested within the
This fixes the problem:
Rails::Initializer.run do |config| ... ... ... # See Rails::Configuration for more options end Inflector.inflections do |inflect| inflect.uncountable %w( media ) end # Add new mime types for use in respond_to blocks: # Mime::Type.register "text/richtext", :rtf # Mime::Type.register "application/x-mobile", :mobile
Great Post! I've been searching high and low and trying all manner of things to get this to work. I had the code as you did, inside the run block. Moving it was exactly what I needed.
Interestingly enough, I needed to add 'media' as an uncountable noun as well. Thanks a ton!
Great! thanks now i can get ahead with inflections :)
Thanks so much, I spent hours on this problem today and your solution resolved it. In my case, I didn't like the default pluralization of 'Hex' to 'Hices', preferring the more conventional 'Hexes'
You can solve this problem some better, just change your inflections.rb from
Inflector.inflections do |inflect|
ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|
Thanks a lot for this post. I actually had to prefix ActiveSupport:: as Konstantin's comment suggested.
I also found that
ActiveSupport::Base.pluralize_table_names = false also didnt work inside the initializer block and had to be placed outside.
Post a Comment